Tickets for all Papal events are free.
To request tickets to attend an event, please email us.
General Papal Audience Tickets
The Holy Father holds a General Audience most Wednesday mornings in Vatican City at 10:30 a.m. During the month of August, no tickets are required to attend the Wednesday Papal Audience. Outside the month of August, tickets are required. The audience is held in either St. Peter’s Square or the Paul VI audience hall.
The audience is a chance to pray with the Holy Father and receive his blessing, which is imparted to all present and to their families and friends.
In your request, please include:
- Your name or the names of those attending
- The date of the audience you would like to attend
- The number of people in the party (for groups larger than 10, see below)
- (Optional) Additional information about your parish involvement or reasons for making a pilgrimage to Rome
To qualify as a newlywed couples (sposi novelli), couples must be married within 2 months of the audience they wish to attend, carrying with them a copy of the Sacramental Marriage Certificate signed by their priest, and wearing their wedding attire.
The Holy Father will bless them for a happy wedded life when he gives his general blessing at the conclusion of the Papal audience.
For more information regarding Sposi Novelli tickets, please email us.
Groups larger that 10 people are encouraged to provide us with the following information, that we may request their group be publicly announced at the Audience:
1) Parish, School, or organization name
2) Name of the group leader/priest leader
3) Number of persons in the group
4) City and state where they are located
5) Choirs who wish to sing for the Holy Father for 45 seconds are kindly requested to give advance notice of their request.
Throughout the liturgical year, the Holy Father celebrates Masses for Solemnities and other special occasions. These include Christmas Eve (December 24), Solemnity of Mary, Mother of God (January 1), the Epiphany (January 6), Palm Sunday, Holy Week liturgies, Easter Sunday, as well as canonizations/beatifications and other extraordinary occasions.
Tickets are required to attend these events and can be requested through the Visitors’ Office by emailing us. Please note that tickets for these events are often very limited.
Ticket pickup information will be included in the personal response you receive from us. For more information about ticket distribution, click here.